1. Puttur Taluk
2. Bantwal taluk
3. Kundapur Taluk
4. Belthangady Taluk
5. Sulya Taluk
ENDOSULFAN AFFECTED AREAS IN KARNATAKA
How to identify Endo Victims?
Consequences of Endosulfan...
History of fight against Endosulfan: -
1. 1998 - Several physically abnormal and mentally retarded children were found in Perla village of Kasaragod District of Kerala.
2. 1998 - Human Rights Protection Foundation, Udupi (HRPF) launched Research Projects on ‘Endosulfan Toxicity’ in collaboration with Pharmacology and Gynaecology departments of Kasturba Medical College, Manipal.
3. 2000 - Scientists and activists visited various districts of Karnataka and Kerala to investigate and evaluate Endosulfan disaster.
4. 2001 - More than 600 Endosulfan victims were found in 4 talukas of South Kanara District.
5. 2002 - ICMR confirms Endosulfan toxicity: Kerala High Court bans use of Endosulfan within Kerala State.
6. 2009 - HRPF, Udupi launches awareness programs on Toxic effects of Endosulfan and other pesticides throughout India.
7. 2011 - A petition was filed by HRPF in Supreme Court of India to ban Endosulfan.
8. 2012 - The apex court bans the production, distribution and use of Endosulfan throughout India.
9. 2012 - A petition was filed in the Karnataka High Court to sanction the compensation for Endosulfan victims. The High Court passes the order to compensate the victims.
2014 - All the Endosulfan victims were assessed for various disabilities. Those who had more than 25% and 60% disabilities started getting monthly pension of Rs. 2000 and Rs. 4000 respectively.